If you believe that material available on our sites infringes on your copyright(s), please notify us by providing a DMCA notice. Upon receipt of a valid and complete notice, we will remove the material and make a good faith attempt to contact the user who uploaded the material by email.
Please note that we are unable to process DMCA notices that refer to sites hosted on third party servers.
music.nairobiwire.com is a music information website platform where bloggers often use copyrighted materials in commentary or journalism, or transform the materials into something original of their own. As such, before submitting a DMCA notice, it’s important to consider if the manner in which the material is used falls under fair use. If you are not sure whether material located on a music.nairobiwire.com site infringes your copyright, or if it is subject to fair use protections, you should first consider seeking legal advice.
Please be advised that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) if you materially misrepresent that material or activity is infringing.
Your DMCA notice will be forwarded to the party that made the material available, and also may be sent to third parties. A note will also be placed on the site in question detailing the name of the copyright holder who submitted the takedown notice. In addition, you are required to consider the possible fair use implications. We reserve the right to challenge abuses of the DMCA process, and your use of this form does not waive that right.
Please follow these steps to file a notice:
- Verify that the content in question is hosted by music.nairobiwire.com. We have no control over content from third-party website, we have no access to those website and we are not responsible for the contents hosted on them. Those website use content that we have not control over and are not hosted by us. Please contact the appropriate web host with complaints. We only host contents for publication purposes.
- Contact the blogger/website directly. Go to the blog post or content in question and leave a comment with your complaint to see if the matter can be resolved directly between you and the blogger.
As required by the DMCA, we have a policy to terminate users and/or sites that we consider to be repeat infringers. Although we won’t share the specifics of our repeat infringer policy (we don’t want anyone to game the system, after all), we believe that it strikes the right balance of protecting the rights of copyright owners as well as protecting legitimate users from wrongful termination. Please note that notices that are successfully countered, rejected on fair use grounds, or deemed to be fraudulent are not counted against a user or site.
You may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) by providing us with the following information in writing:
– An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright’s interests
– A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, including the URL
(i.e., web page address) of the location where the copyrighted work exists or a copy of the copyrighted work
– Identification of the URL or other specific location on the Service where the material that you claim is infringing is located
– Your address, telephone number, and email address
– A statement that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Send all information to: firstname.lastname@example.org